Last updated on April 2, 2020
- What information do we collect? The information we collect depends on how you use our Services. For example, we collect contact information; information such as IP address and user name; if you make a purchase, financial information; information about internet and electronic activity, such as your history on our site; information about the products you purchase, and photos or videos you provide us. We may make inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
- How we Use the information we collect. We may use information to facilitate transactions you enter (for example, processing payment, facilitating checkout, delivery, and customer service); to communicate with you; for analytical purposes, such as understanding preferences, trends and statistics; for marketing purposes, including informing you about products, services and offers, and measuring and optimizing targeted advertising; to operate our loyalty program; to post customer reviews; for security and fraud prevention, and to maintain and improve our products, site and services.
- Source of Personal Information. We collect information directly from you, as well as from third parties, such as social media, and using technology, such as cookies.
- When we Share Information with Third Parties. We may share information with service providers that help us process information as described in the policy. We may also share information if we enter a business transaction, or if it is necessary to share it with law enforcement or the courts.
- Third-party tracking and online advertising. We may, or may in the future, use information collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies to serve advertising on our website, or other websites. You have the ability to opt-out of some of these practices.
- Your choices about your information. Subject to certain limits, you may access, review, and request correction to your personal information we hold. You may also opt-out of certain commercial messages.
- How we store and protect your information. We use technical, physical, and administrative security to help protect personal information in our possession. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information. We may transfer personal information to other countries, including to the United States.
- Children's Privacy We do not intend to collect personal information about children under 13.
- Links to other web sites and services. This policy does not apply to sites we do not control. We are not responsible for such sites.
- How to contact us. You may contact us using the information in this section.
What information do we collect?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address and user names;
- Financial Information: payment information, such as credit card and debit card information, if you choose to make a purchase from us;
- Internet or other electronic activity: such as your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our services and which elements of our services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our website;
- Audio and visual information: your videos and photos that you’ve uploaded to our sites; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
How we Use the information we collect
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, other identifying information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your order, subscription or registration;
- Communicate with you about your account verification, order, subscription or registration; and
- Process any subscription or registration you make to one of our services.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We may use your contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- Inform you of out new products, services and offers;
- Provide you with and measure and optimize targeted advertising;
- run contests, promotions and sweepstakes, and
- Provide you with other information from and about Soylent, Nutrition Inc., including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website: We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet acivity history to:
- Operate, maintain, and provide to you the features of the Service;
- Handle your customer services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our website.
- Review and Content Creation Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, and audio and visual information to enable reviews of our products and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our website and services and on social media and other advertising
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect this website, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following sources:
We collect information directly from you.
We collect contact information, payment information and other identifying information directly from you.
We collect information about you from third parties. We collect your personal information from third parties, such as social media sites.
We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies section below.
When We Share Information with Third Parties
We may share personal information with third parties as described in this section.
Our Service Providers
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including identifying and serving targeted advertisements, billing, payments, payment processing, order fulfillment, or providing analytic services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. .
Our Select Partners
From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours.
Our Affiliates or other Entities we enter a business transaction with
We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Soylent Nutrition, Inc. or with other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third-party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
Law Enforcement and Courts
We and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our web site or use our Service. For instance, when you visit our web sites, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information about your browser and/or computer/mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time, as we believe that there is no consistent industry standard for how to respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
In addition to those purposes described above, ee may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our web site and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
Third-party tracking and online advertising
We may permit third-party ad networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect information about browsing behavior from visitors to our Service through cookies, social plug-ins, or other tracking technology. We may permit third-party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our web sites over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other web sites or services. Typically, the information used for this tracking and targeting advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies.
We may use a variety of companies to serve our advertisements. Some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, and you may want to visit the following webpages, which provide “opt-out” mechanisms for participating companies: http://networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://youradchoices.ca/choices/.
You can opt-out from certain interest based advertising on your mobile device through your mobile device settings.
Your opt-out choices are browser and device specific. If you wish to opt-out, you should do so for each browser and device you use. You may also need to opt-out again if you clear your stored cookies. Please note opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising and you will continue to receive generic ads while online.
However, the only way to completely “opt-out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies and how you may opt-out of some of this tracking, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings, and may be viewed, distributed or retained by other users. We cannot control the actions of other users, and should use caution in choosing what to post publicly. If you remove information or content that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information. In addition, we may use or distribute User Content you submit in the manner described in our Term of use
Your choices about your information
How to control your communications preferences
If you receive promotional email from us, you can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt-out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, information about your orders, changes/updates to our products or features of the Service, technical and security notices).
If you want to opt-out of having your information shared with third parties for marketing purposes, you may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email and follow the on-screen instructions.
Modifying, correcting or deleting your information
If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying or deleting your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted personal information to us and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the information below. Please note that in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons or for legal reasons.
To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your personal information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
How to control our online tracking and advertising
For information on your ability to disable certain online tracking and advertising technologies, please read the previous section, Third-party tracking and online advertising.
Terminating or deactivating your account
Following termination or deactivation of your Soylent Nutrition, Inc. account, Soylent= Foods, Inc. may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, subject to applicable law, Soylent Nutrition, Inc. may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information (including User Content) contained in your communications to other Users or posted to public or semi-public areas of the Service after termination or deactivation of your User account.
How we store and protect your information
Storage and Processing
Helping Keep your information safe
However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Soylent Nutrition, Inc. will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
To opt out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
California Customer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act ( “CCPA Rights”). This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with Soylent Nutrition, Inc.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know and Right to Deletion
You can request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold in the preceding 12 months.
You can also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same. Some examples include, but are not limited to email newsletter, product recommendations:
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please visit email@example.com. In order to verify your identity, you will need to provide personal information, such as purchase order or account information. We will match this information to the information on our systems. For an online request to delete, we will also send you a second verification to confirm that you want your information to be deleted. To use an agent, the customer must provide the agent with written authorization. In addition, the customer may be required to verify their own identity with Soylent. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information. We will maintain a record of your request to know or request to delete.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Personal Information that We Sell
We do not currently and will not sell (as sell is defined in CCPA) any personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
We offer various financial incentives. The terms of the financial incentive will be presented to you at the time you sign up.You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
Soylent Nutrition, Inc. does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to other web sites and services
Our Service may integrate with or contain links to other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third-party web sites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service and your interactions with any third-party web site or service are subject to that third-party’s own rules and policies.
How to contact us